The suggested topic for today’s post in the Ultimate Blogging Challenge was to create a list. A whole bunch of lists were suggested, including “ten random things about me.” So… I chose that. Here are ten random things, in no particular order:
|Here are enough garlics to scare away one little vampire.|
1. Bad food is funny. I think that graphic descriptions of food that I would consider to be inedible are hilarious. The more wacky and outlandish the food, the funnier I think it is. Thus, chicken wings seem kind of normal. Hot and spicy… well, I probably wouldn’t go for it. But suicide wings. Now I am imagining chicken wings as weapons. Strange-looking medieval weapons with spikes that glisten with chicken wing sauce. And, since I hate all condiments, it’s easier to make the strange-looking medieval weapons more unpalatable and, hence, funnier with the addition of condiments. Preferably all of them, slathered on top of the suicide wings. Now the wings are both too hot to handle and slimy and smelly.
2. My two favorite colors are purple and turquoise. I couldn’t decide on just one. Purple and turquoise look good together.
3. I can eat a lemon and smile. On the other hand, if I’m handed some endive lettuce or a cup of coffee or very strong dark chocolate, I will probably make a horrible face because I don’t like bitter flavors.
4. As a student at the University of Missouri’s School of Journalism, my career goal was to be a film critic. I have always loved going to the movies and I thought that getting paid to watch movies and write about them was a wise career move.
5. When I was in fourth grade, I decided that I wanted to be a cartoonist. I created a cartoon character named Brim. He was a boy who had a bowl haircut and who had all sorts of wild adventures. Oddly enough, he never had to do ordinary things, such as attend school.
6. The longest distance that I’ve walked in one day is about 24 miles (38.6 kilometers). It was very adventurous. The next day, I could barely move. Despite the pain, however, I was happy about my conquest.
7. I’ve had some very strange dreams about prisons and jails. In one of the dreams, I was arrested by the Bad Fashion Police and was sentenced to the Bad Fashion Jail, where I was forced to wear clashing stripes and plaids in double breasted polyester. In another dream, I was sent to prison without ever having been either arrested or tried in court. The prison that I was sent to was privately owned by a Reality TV producer. In fact, the entire prison experience was part of a Reality TV show. In one episode, the prisoners in this co-ed prison had to meet a Motorcycle Challenge. The selected prisoner had to ride along a course at top speed. Everything, of course, was filmed. The prisoner who was selected was a man. He hopped on the motorcycle and departed the premises. Apparently, by escaping, he did not win the million dollars at stake. I woke up.
8. I was in the chorus of three separate operas. They were Aida, Tosca, and Turandot. All of the performances were at Shea’s Buffalo, which is another famous building in downtown Buffalo. I discovered that opera is more fun as a participation sport than as a spectator sport. I got to run around the stage, wear a costume, and belt out a high C while on my knees. The villain in Tosca was rotten to the core. He was a liar, a tyrant, and he was a lecherous womanizer. He didn’t know enough about the woman that he chose as the object of his “affections.” She murdered him. When the actor signed my program, he added a bloody thumbprint. OK, fake blood, but still…
9. Don’t take me on a roller coaster. You won’t be happy. Enough said here.
|This is the lovely Zoe. Cats are awesome.|
10. When I was in elementary school, stray cats followed me everywhere. I never knew why, where ever I walked, there was a group of cats following me. One of the cats came into the house and, a few days later, had a litter of kittens. We called the cat “Spooky.” Her kittens were adorable. Eventually, the cat and the kittens were given away. We had one cat and he didn’t really want any feline friends.
In the comments section below, feel free to share some random things about you.