Today’s topic suggestion from the Ultimate Blogging Challenge was: “What is on your bucket list? Share with your readers something that is on the list of things that you want to do before you ‘kick the bucket.'”
I’ve never actually written a bucket list, so the first thing that is on my imaginary bucket list is to write a bucket list!
Here are some of the things that would go on the imaginary bucket list that I will some day actually write:
- Write a memoir about some of the long walks that I’ve taken with such groups as Voices for Creative Nonviolence. I have the journals from the 2008 Witness Against War walk that started in Chicago, Illinois, and ended, seven weeks later, in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Do a one person art show in a public place.
- Write and illustrate a few children’s books about the Adventures of the Bears.
- Walk the Appalachian Trail.
- walk on the Erie Canal towpath.
- Walk the Camino de Santiago (Way of Saint James), from France to Spain.
- Learn ballroom dancing, such as Argentine tango, cha cha, rhumba, etc.
- learn how to bake bread.
- ride a bullet train.
- fall madly in love.
- paint a fresco.
- Visit Machu Piccu and walk the Inca Trail.
- interview orchid hunters when they are hunting for orchids.